Thursday, July 08, 2004

And so it begins

So, now, from the Dept. of Homeland Security, we should be aware of terrorists targeting the elections. I predicted this would happen when they first starting proclaiming terrorist warnings. Initially, I envisioned it being done to discourage Americans from voting (low turnouts always seem to help Republicans). Now, after what happened in Spain, I see it becoming this: a vote for Kerry is a vote for Al Qaeda.

This administration has cynically used government to further its political objectives. How many times have they, when some unfavorable news item comes across, come out with a terror alert? Are they doing it this time to deflect attention away from the fact that Bush's biggest supporter, ex-Enron CEO Ken Lay, has just been indicted?

After all the shit we've been subjected to--the Iraq war, the 9-11 commission, the coverup of the actual cost of the Medicare bill to name but a few--why would anyone believe they are anything but a bunch of cynical political hacks who care only about advancing their ideology and reaping the benefits than actually protecting America?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home