Kerry in '08?
John Kerry is talking, sort of, about running again in 2008. The conventional wisdom will say that he shouldn't even bother, because he lost this time and losers don't generally have a shot in the next election. Well, considering that Bush got his ass kicked in the debates, had a low job approval rate, was behind in generally correct exit polls in Florida and Ohio, lost the Nickolodeon vote, the Washington Redskins lost the pre-election home game, and is generally just a stupid ass chimp and yet still won the election, all "conventional wisdom" (and any common notion of sanity) has gone out the window.
I think he should forget 2008. A role as chief dissenter would be a good fit, though, of course, he'd be an easy target as Ted Kennedy's Massachusetts liberal twin. I would say that perhaps America would see him and have buyer's remorse, but that would be giving them too much credit. They would buy some Rush Limbaugh Oxycontin influenced rant about how the Senate should be abolished just to eliminate such dissent.
I think he should forget 2008. A role as chief dissenter would be a good fit, though, of course, he'd be an easy target as Ted Kennedy's Massachusetts liberal twin. I would say that perhaps America would see him and have buyer's remorse, but that would be giving them too much credit. They would buy some Rush Limbaugh Oxycontin influenced rant about how the Senate should be abolished just to eliminate such dissent.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home