F*ck the troops
That subject line isn't what I truly mean--of course I support our soldiers and want what's best for them . What I'm about to go into is a nuanced position, so, if you're one of those folks from the United States of Texas who helped get Bush into office, you probably won't understand anything beyond the subject line and think I'm some anti-Bush commie pinko atheist gay marriage lovin' latte swillin' baby killin' east coast liberal elite. Well, fuck you, too. You have your President (along with the Congress, the Supreme Court, and the media), and you, me, and the rest of the world are stuck with him.
The military is now making a big push into Fallujah. One week after the election. It wasn't done before the election because, if it was bloody as it probably will be, it would've looked bad on our leader. So, instead of doing the "right" thing and doing it whenever was needed to be done, we've allowed politics to enter into the equation. The insurgents, in theory, were given more time to entrench themselves, to gear for a fight they know is coming. You'll hear a lot of talk that delaying it was the "right" thing because we can't allow such things to affect our political process. Bullshit. The decisions our leaders make should affect the political process. Moreover, a party that always bitched and complained that Clinton listened to polls in order to make decisions does exactly the same thing. And no one ever calls them on it.
Last week, I, along, with 55 million plus other people, tried to change things. It wasn't enough. More people liked the direction things were going. 1,100+ dead soldiers in Iraq with a bullshit rationale for war and no end in sight. Sorry, soldiers, my fellow countrymen and women, we tried to make someone accountable for your plight and provide you with a light at the end of the tunnel. But most of us didn't care. Or they must have liked how things were shaping up there.
Me--I have a clean conscience. I did what I could. But, as I've stated before, it's time for the conservative vision for America to come to fruition. A back door draft of retired soldiers and those close to returning, because our elected officials are too cowardly to institute a draft. Less equipment for our soldiers on the ground, even though we're running a several hundred billion dollar deficit. Less troops on the grounds, because our leaders decided they were right to begin with and they never change their minds despite the facts. And, to all of you soldiers who have been wounded and saw horrible things and think you're going to come back and report on them and think that maybe, one day, you'll run for President, don't even think about it, because there's a Hum-V Veterans for Truth in your midst or within 100 miles of you who will be willing to attack you decades in the future, and there will be a contingent of "patriots" who never served who will mock your war wounds and call you a traitor because it helps their political cause.
So, I say fuck the troops. That's what the powers that rule this country and the people that voted for them have said by their actions. Let them have their way.
The military is now making a big push into Fallujah. One week after the election. It wasn't done before the election because, if it was bloody as it probably will be, it would've looked bad on our leader. So, instead of doing the "right" thing and doing it whenever was needed to be done, we've allowed politics to enter into the equation. The insurgents, in theory, were given more time to entrench themselves, to gear for a fight they know is coming. You'll hear a lot of talk that delaying it was the "right" thing because we can't allow such things to affect our political process. Bullshit. The decisions our leaders make should affect the political process. Moreover, a party that always bitched and complained that Clinton listened to polls in order to make decisions does exactly the same thing. And no one ever calls them on it.
Last week, I, along, with 55 million plus other people, tried to change things. It wasn't enough. More people liked the direction things were going. 1,100+ dead soldiers in Iraq with a bullshit rationale for war and no end in sight. Sorry, soldiers, my fellow countrymen and women, we tried to make someone accountable for your plight and provide you with a light at the end of the tunnel. But most of us didn't care. Or they must have liked how things were shaping up there.
Me--I have a clean conscience. I did what I could. But, as I've stated before, it's time for the conservative vision for America to come to fruition. A back door draft of retired soldiers and those close to returning, because our elected officials are too cowardly to institute a draft. Less equipment for our soldiers on the ground, even though we're running a several hundred billion dollar deficit. Less troops on the grounds, because our leaders decided they were right to begin with and they never change their minds despite the facts. And, to all of you soldiers who have been wounded and saw horrible things and think you're going to come back and report on them and think that maybe, one day, you'll run for President, don't even think about it, because there's a Hum-V Veterans for Truth in your midst or within 100 miles of you who will be willing to attack you decades in the future, and there will be a contingent of "patriots" who never served who will mock your war wounds and call you a traitor because it helps their political cause.
So, I say fuck the troops. That's what the powers that rule this country and the people that voted for them have said by their actions. Let them have their way.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home