More like Moore
Until recently, I haven't been a big Michael Moore fan. Heck, as of right now, I've never seen any of his movies. To me, while I admired his tenacity in going after the big corporations, but I felt his politics to be a little too far left. He went after Clinton and supported Nader.
But now, with his new film which has to be, so far, the defining moment in the movement to take down Bush, he's a hero. He's taking his gift--being a comedic rabble-rouser who is showing concern for the common man over big corporations--and putting his career and his very life on the line (yeah, it sounds overly dramatic to say this, but don't think that some right wing freeper nut job wouldn't try to kill him) for the sake of making his country a better place.
We need more people like him. No, they don't all have to be Academy Award-winning documentary filmmakers. Just people who are willing to take a risk and stand up to these fuckers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home