Mixed feelings
Okay, I've got mixed feelings. On the one hand, Kerry's sagging poll numbers got me feeling he's hopeless, we're hopeless, we don't have a chance of winning, why didn't we nominate someone else. This is the Democrat in me that's causing me to second guess everything (we are guilty of this, which is not always a bad thing--consider the other side, which never second guesses itself and does shit like send a nation into a wrong war). We've got a history that justifies us feeling this way. Look at Dukakis, look at Gore who played the gentleman and is now the subject of jokes when he should be the President.
On the other hand, I'm feeling fuck this, Bush is going down. Kerry is smart to lay low now and bide his time to unleash hell. He's only lost a few points, even after the shelling he's taken from the Republicans and the Swift Boat assheads. We knew it was going to be a tight race anyway, probably impossible to call. Common sense will prevail, and Bush's miserable record will be his demise.
I guess it comes down to will Kerry fight with every fucking thing he and every other Democrat has or will he be nice, which is the equivalent of laying down and dying?
On the other hand, I'm feeling fuck this, Bush is going down. Kerry is smart to lay low now and bide his time to unleash hell. He's only lost a few points, even after the shelling he's taken from the Republicans and the Swift Boat assheads. We knew it was going to be a tight race anyway, probably impossible to call. Common sense will prevail, and Bush's miserable record will be his demise.
I guess it comes down to will Kerry fight with every fucking thing he and every other Democrat has or will he be nice, which is the equivalent of laying down and dying?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home