Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Random thoughts

All right, this is the kind of cute and clever bullshit I was railing against in my opening statement a few posts ago. So sue me. Here are some random thoughts:

--I don't get Ralph Nader. I don't get people who, in this upcoming election, will vote for him. He doesn't have a chance. A vote for him could be cast for John Kerry, who has a chance of removing Bush. A vote for Nader is like a vote for Bush because it isn't a vote for Kerry. I mean, are people paying attention? Don't they see what Bush has done to this country, and understand what he just might do if he doesn't have to worry about getting elected again? I'm sympathetic to the Green party platform. But it has no chance--none--of ever being given an ounce of consideration under a Republican administration, whereas it might have a slight chance under a Democratic one. Voting for Nader only makes sense if you want Bush to win or that you think you can, somehow, help your party's future prospects by voting for a fool like Bush who has damaged this country and will continue to do so if re-elected.

--Any bets on how long the interim PM of Iraq will last? A month? A week? A day? I'm surprised Karzai in Afghanistan has lasted as long as he has, but that's probably because he's insignificant.

--The Saudis are offering amnesty to Al Qaeda members. That's funny. Al Qaeda is probably making the same offer to Saudi military and government officials. I wonder who will get more responses? The Saudis are full of shit. They're full of Bush and Bush is full of them. They and Pakistan have done countless more to foster terrorism than Iraq ever did but they are considered "allies" because they can talk out of both sides of their faces (and, oh, yeah, all that Saudi oil).

--I see that 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, and Puddle of Mudd are touring together. My question is, if you show up late, how do you know who the hell's playing? They all sound the same. I can imagine the crowds--lots of short, gelled, slighty spiked (but not big punk spikes--even the hairstyles are watered down) hair and goatees. Ah, the scene oozes rebellion!

--They've found a naturally decaffeinated coffee plant. Why does this bum me out so? Because, despite your impression of me from reading this blog, I'd be fast asleep if it weren't for caffeine. Caffeine, like everything else that's bad for you, is on its way out. This world sucks.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home