Tuesday, June 22, 2004

First post

Hey, look, I got the first post! Of course I got the first post--it's my friggin' blog! And isn't it annoying when people's posts on a message board are "first post"? It's even more annoying when they think they're first, and they end being second because they were too slow in hitting the post button.

Anyway, I created this blog so I could philosophize, rant, bitch, moan, state, make a point about this stupid ass world we live in. We have an idiot President who is making himself into a damn king who starts wars because he wants to and who half the country thinks is truly God's gift to the world. We have television waves filled with trash like reality shows, unfunny sitcoms, rehashed crime dramas, and pundit shows that just out and out tell lies. Manufactured, watered down crap like Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Nickelback, Linkin Park, and the country artist du jour dominate the airwaves and sales charts, while Lollapalooza, featuring original acts, gets canceled, and half the music I like I can't even find in a damn music store anymore. I don't even read the books on the bestseller list, or the books--mostly the same--that my book club or Amazon or Barnes & Noble "recommends," because they're all shit. I know that without even reading them. Whatever happened to solid writing, well-developed characters, convincing plots, the slightest bit of invention?

I sound like a miserable crank. That I'm just old, bitter, disillusioned, and jealous. That's mostly true, on some of those. Some will say, people have been saying shit like that for a hundred years, are you just realizing the world's this way? Only thing I have for you is an extended middle finger, because you bastards who are cynical about my cynicism are part of the problem.

I offer this blog up to no one other than myself. What difference will I make? None! No one will read this, and I don't have the energy or resources to plug this shit column so people will. So, will I just be cute and clever, as today's cultural cynics are, for the sake of being cute and clever, in some sort of postmodernist or post-postmodernist sort of way? Good Lord, I hope not, though I've done enough of that shit in my lifetime that it's a distinct possibility. If I'm being that way right now, I sincerely apologize.

This is Agoraphobia. Look it up; yeah, it probably meant what you thought it would. I am Agoraphobos, hear me whine and complain! That's not my real name--shoot me for being cute and clever. Anyway, I sit here, insulated from the world, and look out on all you motherfuckers and watch you all destroy yourselves and be sated by stupid entertainment and believe untruths. What a stupid ass world it is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home